Instructions for installing Beta 3 Enterprise

I had GC Beta 3 installed and am having some issues when i try to start my app. The instructions say to configure config.php. Just to clarify, my app already uses a customized version of application/config/config.php. Should I be replacing this version in in my application with the config.php which is in /examples/config.php?

Hello @richb201,
No, you should rename the config.php to grocerycrud.php since you are already at the app/config folder so no need to have a generic filename.

What framework are you using? I guess this is Codeigniter 3 right? If so maybe the older documentation Codeigniter 3 Installation | Grocery CRUD that is specific for Codeigniter 3 may help you a little more. Mainly to where the files will live and how the syntax of your Controller will be.

Regards
Johnny

I was told by my installed to include
include(APPPATH.‘libraries/GroceryCrudEnterprise/autoload.php’);
use GroceryCrud\Core\GroceryCrud;
in my main controller. I was trying to install without composer. When i run it with those two lines included I get a note that composer needs php 8.0. I am running 7.4. I am starting to get the feeling that my install was effed up.

Hello @richb201 ,

I can’t reproduce the issue that you are referring to. Yes, newer version composer may require PHP 8.0 but having it as an include didn’t throw an error. I’ve tried it with PHP 7.4.

Can you please send me the error that you are getting?

Regards
Johnny

Hello @richb201 ,

Ok, I was able to reproduce it locally. The error is:

Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.0". You are running 7.4.33.

I will investigate and let you know.

Regards
Johnny

Hello @richb201 ,

I’ve fixed the issue with the PHP version and you can download the latest version from User’s page: User's Page Login

Regards
Johnny